Friday 9 November 2012

Arrived in Amersterdam!

Just a quick note to let everbody know that I managed to survive a second night with only four hours sleep - I know Margaret Thatcher said she thrived on just a few hours sleep - but not me! Anyway our group has assembled - seven of us in total - myself, Sarah, Sam, Hayley, Beccy, Carolyn and Tom - who has been christened "young boy" which he is not happy about - more on that later! Our 10 hour flight to Entebbe  leaves in about an hour so we are just off to Starbucks for a caffeine boost!  Staying tonight in a guest house before we set off for our 9 hour road journey tomorrow to Kisiizi - that is defnintely going to be my least favourite part of the trip ..... I know that already!   I managed to remember my cushion for the car - as advised by previous members of staff whio have endured the same journey - it can be pretty hard on the bum and although I already have a liot of natural padding in that area - I though a cushion would add a bit of comfort. Anyway signing off now as my 30 min wifi access if about to expire.  Next time you hear from me I will be in Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment